Thursday, July 3, 2014

Recipe: Mango Cheesecake (non-bake)


Mango Cheesecake.

Cake for my King on Father's Day! :D 

Anyway, if you do notice. I have so many non-bake recipes! Heh. Be it moussecake or non-bake cheesecake. What's the beauty of non-bake? It's so fuss free!! I tend to shy away from the need to frost a cake. Too messy, I cannot. :P



Anyway, I so love the cake! So pretty!!! <3 

Ok. The crust is a sore eye I admit. 


Let's just focus on the top. :P

Ingredients:

crust:

100g digestive biscuit crumbs
50g melted butter

Filling:
200g cream cheese
1tbsp rum
1 tbsp lemon juice
50g sugar

200g mango puree
 1tbsp gelatin powder
3tbsp boiling water

200ml whipping cream
2tbsp icing sugar

Mango purée topping:
100g mango purée
2tsp gelatin powder
3tbsp boiling water

Method:
Crust:
Combine crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press the biscuit crumbs firmly onto the base of the baking pan. Chill in the freezer while you prepare the filing. 

Filling:
1. Whip whipping cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar, keep chilled.
2. Dissolve gelatine powder in boiling water. Set aside.
3. Cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and rum together till smooth and creamy.
4. Add the warm gelatin solution to mango purée and mix well.
5. Stir mango mixture into cheese mixture and combine till well mixed. Stir in the whipped cream.
6. Pour cheese mixture onto cake base and chill for at least an hour.

Topping:
Dissolve gelatin powder with boiling water and stir it into the mango purée. Pour topping gently onto chilled cheesecake. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.


Sorry I don't have a sliced version of the cake. Can't remember why I didn't take a sliced version also. LOL! But the family love the cake! Cheese isn't exactly the most favourite food for my mum, but she was able to accept the taste because the sweetness of the mango balanced out the overpowering cheese taste. Anyway, I recommend you to use India mangoes instead. They are sweeter and juicer! :) 


Thinking of what to bake for the boy and the bro's birthdays. Their birthdays are like a day apart? That's really a challenge for me to bake 2 days in a row. :/ Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze out the time! 

Any suggestion on what cakes should I bake for them? Kinda run out of idea. Heh. 

Love,
Lirong. 

3 comments: