Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Recipe: Milo Swiss Roll


Swiss roll has been on my to-bake-list for the longest time. But, I have no guts. I simply can't imagine rolling a cake and not breaking it at the same time?! How you tell me?!!! :/ By the way that table-towel is knitted by my mum! Something that I can never do. 

Well, I'm having brave the other day so Swiss roll here we go! 

Ingredients (chiffon method):
3 egg yolks
30g sugar
pinch of salt
20g corn oil
60g milo
70g cake flour

3 egg whites
30g sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Filling: 200g whipping cream 
20g sugar

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.

2. Whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar first. Remove from the mixer (I used a hand whisk), add in corn oil and milo. Stir well with a hand whisk before adding in the flour. Mix till smooth.

3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric beater, adding sugar gradually.

4. Fold 1/3 of the egg white batter gently into the egg yolk batter until slightly incorporated, add another 1/3, fold and finally the remaining egg whites and fold till well incorporated.

5. Pour mixture into 10''x 14'' lined baking tray and bake for about 13 minutes.

6. Remove the parchment paper immediately and let the cake cool.

7. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and roll**

8. Place it in the fridge for an hour before slicing

**I suggest you YouTube how to roll a Swiss roll (that's what I did :P)



Anyways I met this really sweet lady, Lisa, though instagram (@bleuginger) and she has this really adorable daughter Kiyomi!! Yups! That's Kiyomi in the photo! Sweet Lisa send me a card for CNY! Ikr! So kind. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment