Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas fruit cake, another healthy one!

Having a sore body now because I'm back to work with momentum! We did a GVW event yesterday at Plaza Singapura, 11am-6pm. I kinda enjoyed myself though work was really tiring! It was the people! I think we cliqued very well! Thanks to my email @! Rarhs! haha! Hopefully we'll be able to meet and work again! :D   

Despite waking up with sore shoulders, I baked. hahaha! I just love baking so much! :D Despite to work on a Christmas theme again and did this. 


Christmas Fruit Cake


Red and green are the colours of Christmas aren't they? :) I used cherry red and pandan paste for the colours to get the marble effect. Very messy. :X 


Top with lots of fruits! This time round I use fruit cocktail instead of the dried ones. 


We are done after an hour in the oven  toaster. 


Cannot do without icing sugar for some Christmas feeling~ 


Ingredients:
 2 eggs

100g raw brown sugar
pinch of salt
400g all-purpose flour
3tsp baking powder
Fruit cocktails
1tsp pandan paste
1tsp cherry red colouring
Clear honey, to glaze
Method:
1. Drain and leave fruits to dry. 
2. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking pan with baking parchment. 
3. Put eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl and beat together until foamy. Sift in the flour, baking powder and fold into the mixture.
4. Separate the batter into 2 portion. To one portion add and mix well with pandan paste. To the other batter  add and mix well with cherry red colouring. 
5. Spoon alternate portion of the red and green batters into the pan until done. Cover the top with the fruits. 
6. Bake in  the oven for about 1hour. Cover with foil to prevent the top from burning. Leave to rest in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack. 
7. Brush with clear honey while still hot and leave to cool completely. 
Serves about 12



Notice that I only have half the amount of cake I baked? Because the other half is currently swimming in my stomach. :/ I only wanted to try the taste and the next thing I know, I have eaten half of the cake and I just had lunch! What stomach do I have?! I was telling Juyin I probably die young from over-eating. D: 

Oh yes! This is another oil-less cake! Pretty healthy ya? No problem with having a dry cake as you see it's actually very moist! I take lousy photos I know. :( 

Hope you like it! :) 

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment